Masita Paradise

Where the sand meets the beach

Thursday, April 13, 2006

My father's worries

My father was sitting in the couch watching TV when I walked in tired from work. He looked at me with the saddest face ever. THEN:

Him: Your window of opportunity is closing very soon.
Me: Good afternoon to you too.
Him: only 8 more months.
Me: What?
Him: I mean only 8 more months till you'll be 26.
Me: aha.. Thanks for reminding me
Him: I was telling your mom that you will be an old maid if we don't do something about it.
Me: No, perhaps I will just be a lesbian. It is more in style.
Him: you got no respect. I am only thinking of your future.
Me: I still got time. Women are having babies well into their 40's.
Him: oh, I see I must be dead for you to want to procreate.
Me: .... ?
Him: I expect a grandchild by the time I am 81. It is not a request, it is a command.
Me:YES SIR! (as I walked away)


My dear friends my old, old father thinks that I will never marry. You see I am from Central America (DR). I was to be married already. I mean a girl passed 23 and not married? What in the world is that? My dear old pops will be turning 80 this May 13th. He wants me to give him a grandchild very soon be exact , he requested that I'll do so before his 81st birthday. He thinks that I will have a baby only after this death. After all, I was the most rebellious child he had. I liked to eat pass dinner time! I took too many long baths. I only liked to read. Oh, I was so very rebelious. And please do not forget about the time that actually had a beer in his presence.

He had me when he was 54 almost 55. I was the 9th child. Yet, I grew up as an only child. He has many grand kids and even great grand kids. I guess I should be so kind as to give him another. When I tell him that he has enough, he says well do it for your mom. It will actually be her first, but she is only 55. I guess she has more time.

What should I do? And to think that the window will be closing in 8 months is kind of liberating.

Shoot, I should start procreating, though the lesbian thing is more appealing*
Masita

*Absolutely no plans to offend anyone reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home